Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Transition

It's that time of year again: We're going to Arizona for the winter. We leave tomorrow, spend the night at in-laws and fly to our house in Arizona Thursday. Can't wait for the warmth and sunshine! There will be a lot of yard work to do when we get there and hopefully, the watering system worked while we were gone so my roses and other plants didn't die. Most everything in the yard doesn't need watering but if you want roses you have to put in a sprinkler system to water if you're going to be gone 6 months. That's why we have a gravel yard (most people in Arizona do) instead of grass. If we ever decide to live year-round there I want grass!

I crocheted a centerpiece for my cousin's new wife and am now working on a doily just to have something to do until I get settled out west and check out my supplies there. I have so much supplies and patterns and books it's hard to remember what I have at what house.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting that people in Arizona have stone yards. I like that idea a lot!
Have fun in Arizona in the sunshine! Please post pics of doilies you make. I always love to see them.

Ana Luisa said...

hope your trip goes well!
I'm on the last rows of a doily, all white, done in #30 thread.
I'd like to get in touch with you, would like your opinion and help..

Ana Luisa said...

hi! don't know whether my previous comment showed up or not, because that day my computer failed.
Anyway, have a good trip!
Also, would like to get in touch with you, to ask your opinion regarding doilies. :)

crochethuahua said...

Cher: The gravel yards people have are interesting because they use different colors gravel. Some people actually paint it green! There are a lot of people with grass but they have sprinkler systems.

crochethuahua said...

Ana Luisa: Thanks, I did have an uneventful trip. If you have a question about a doily email me at gingybug4@gmail.com